We’ve blinked, and it’s already the end of the year. Our MD, Will Roberts, is taking a look back at 2022 for WebBox and all of the exciting changes.
Our 14th year saw new faces join the WebBox team, new and returning clients and finally got back to events. Read on to find out more.
We evolved the way we hire to find the best talent
Last year we spoke about embracing remote working so that our team could benefit from the flexibility and work in the way that works best for them. This year we went beyond and also looked at how to ensure we could add the very best talent to our team, which is where remote working comes in. That way, we can still work with fantastic people while also having our Cardiff base for the majority of our team.
We turned 14!
In October, we had our 14th birthday, well into our teens but thankfully without the acne and awkwardness this time around. We celebrated will some cake and balloons, because what is a party without cake and balloons? It was a proud moment particularly as we’ve seen many agencies come and go over the 14 years.
We got to work on some exciting projects
This year we’ve seen an influx of amazing projects to work on with clients such as St John Ambulance Cymru, Welsh Gymnastics, British Orthodontic Society, Gloucestershire College, West Wales Holiday Cottages and many others. You’ll be able to read all about them soon as we’re updating our case studies, so watch this space.
We grew and grew and grew!
To work on all the new projects in 2022 we needed to grow, hence we’ve grown, while also promoting our existing team members into new roles such as Head of Development and Head of Paid Ads.
We got back to events, finally!
We enjoyed getting back to events and sharing valuable content. Alongside in-person events, we have continued our webinars which have been well-received. Catch up on some of our most popular webinars here.
We chose to give more to the people who make WebBox the success it is
At WebBox, we've always offered things like:
- Flexible working
- Buying extra holiday
- Gym Membership
- WebBox Diner
- Finish early on Fridays
- Costco Membership
- Take your birthday off!
- Team meetups
- Attending industry events
After consultation with the team and other agency owners, we have taken this to another level. In addition to the above, we have included the following:
- Increased the annual leave allowance based on the length of service
- MediCash plan (private health plan - cash payouts for dental, optical and well-being treatments, along with virtual GP appointments and health screening for you and your children)
- Length of service rewards (4-figure bonuses) at 3 years, 5 years and 10 years.
- We set aside 1 day per month for personal development.
- Access to training courses and content subscriptions
- Professional and confidential well-being support
- Bonuses for helping the agency grow (new business or new talent)
and last but not least...
- Gumball Prizes - Whether a website has just gone live, or one of the team has gone over and above, we love to celebrate the little things! So we have a gumball machine at WebBox HQ with prizes within the balls. These prizes are worth up to £150 and they are selected by the team. For example, a £10 Amazon gift card for everyone in the team, drinks after work, or buying lunch for the team.
We want our team to know that they are valued, and this is one way to remind them.
We went back to basics and made some big decisions
Back in 2020, we decided to redefine our proposition, values and services. We’ve circled back to this, and suffice to say, all will be revealed soon!
And with that, I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. 2023 is already shaping up to be a good one!