Organisers of the Honolulu Marathon needed a visual and technical overhaul of their websites in order to drive online registration numbers. They also needed to promote the marathon to keen runners across the globe in order to attract a more diverse range of contestants.
We have worked with WebBox on a range of projects including PPC Management, Programmatic campaigns and 3 website builds. WebBox is very approachable and has been instrumental in creating our digital presence. Thank you and we look forward to working with you on the next project!Fredrik Bjurenvall, Honolulu Marathon
We built a responsive WordPress site which was fully aligned with the brand guidelines, transferring all historical data from the old site in the process. We integrated MailChimp to assist data capture and the sending of targeted emails, and designed bespoke email newsletter templates.
The new site incorporated a range of engaging features including live Marathon countdown timers, animation and video. We also added Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel code to track traffic and measure the effectiveness of the PPC campaigns.
We also devised a brand new PPC strategy and manage these campaigns across Google Search, Display, Remarketing and Programmatic. The campaigns target key audiences in the locations that traditionally drove the most sign-ups including the USA, Australia and New Zealand.
Following on from this we developed YouTube ad campaigns and were appointed to run digital marketing for the marathon’s sister event, the Hapalua Half Marathon.View website
Since the new site was launched in September 2017 there has been a significant increase in onsite engagement, as outlined below:
- 22% increase in sessions with the biggest increase coming through organic search, highlighting the effect of search engine optimisation on the new website.
- 93% decrease in bounce rate indicating that users who visited the website were less likely to leave straight away.
- 92% increase in pages per session.
- Average session duration decreased by 6.36%. This is positive as people are finding the information they require more easily and quickly. This is backed up by the increase in conversions and conversion rate.
- Conversion increase of 28%
- Conversion Rate increase of 5%.