ColegauCymru is a post-16 education registered charity that raises the profile of further education and training by colleges in Wales. They are a not-for-profit member-led body established in 1995 by colleges, for colleges. ColegauCymru has twelve member colleges and two associate members.
With the previous content management system (CMS) being cumbersome, we were tasked to provide a more user-friendly solution. Additionally, it was important that the website was bilingual and had multisite functionality as ColegauCymru has three distinct areas: ColegauCymru, CollegesWales International and CollegesWales Sport.
Our solution saw the design and development of a media-rich multisite using a bespoke design and user-centred CMS. We designed the look of the website based on the organisation’s current brand and in accordance with the existing branding guidelines.
Key items which met and exceeded the client's requirements included:
- A user-friendly CMS system
- A refreshed look and feel
- Integration of social media content with platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- The ability to see and control all registered users in the back-end
- The ability to track and monitor users with Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel and Google Tag Manager and Hot Jar (Heat mapping) for both on-site UX and on-going social media marketing campaigns
- The ability to add new pages and options to change designs
- A responsive website that is compatible on Mobile, Desktop and Tablet devices
- A bilingual site in both English and Welsh language
- Expert advice regarding updating, securing the website and adhering to changes in regulation
- Support should the system, crash, shut down or experience any problems.