CMS version 4.9.0.
Version 4.9.0 of WebBox CMS was released on 27th November 2017 with the following changes:
- Drag and drop media uploading in rich content editors.
- High performance caching features.
- Improved menu editor interface in the CMS.
- Improved rich content editor with automatic URL-to-link and showing a word count.
- New blog bundle.
- New CMS dashboard counters.
- New media/file manager with a ton of improved functionality.
- New shipping modules.
- Pages can now be password protected with a specific or per-site password.
- Products can now use data types.
- Reduced and tidied toolbar buttons in rich content editors.
- Request callback module to produce a contact message without a body.
- Ability to set HTTP caching headers where appropriate to improve performance.
- Added function to create a window overlay message to show when something is in progress.
- Dashboard: Added counter for blogs, administrators, editors, and contributors.
- Data type content form: Node values are now made HTML safe.
- Different flash message for unauthenticated users vs authenticated users without site admin rights.
- Fixed button colours in modal footers.
- Fixed modals not displaying.
- Fixed rows in modal bodies not being sized correctly.
- Improved visibility of modal close button in the header.
- Moved Twitter feed to a module so it's easier to call again anywhere.
- ReCAPTCHA: Trying out a workaround for multiple instances on one page.
- Completely re-built the bundle.
- Removed blog categories, use taxonomies instead.
- CMS: Fixed error when trying to use Stripe platform features before configuring Stripe.
- Products: Fixed site assignments not always being honoured.
- Products: Integrated data types as "Attributes".
- Shipping: Moved shipping cost logic into shipping modules, out of the cart.
- Shipping: Implemented the per-product shipping module.
- New "request callback" mini form, which submits as a contact message without a message.
- Accept 3G2, ICO, M4A, RTF, SVG, VSD, and WEBP file types.
- Brand new file manager:
- Ability for CkEditor to upload a file to a path. (For drag and drop image insertion/uploading.)
- Ability to rename files/directories.
- Drag and drop file/directory moving.
- Drag and drop file uploading to the working directory or any directory visible in the tree or working directory contents.
- Download a file.
- Preview modal showing a preview of a browser viewable file in a modal. (Plain text, audio, images, and video.)
- Properties modal showing information about a file/directory.
- Upload modal offering the Dropzone uploader, classic uploader, and moved the upload rules/limits here.
- View styles and sorting preferences are remembered in local storage.
- View styles of working directory content: Thumbnail, icon, and details.
- Rich content editor:
- Reduced default toolbar to a single row of the most useful items.
- Set UI colour to match our CMS palette.
- Enlarged widget so more of the screen is used.
- Enabled drag and drop file/image uploading.
- Added auto-link, whereby pasting a URL will insert it as a clickable link automatically.
- Added word count to the buttom of the editor.
- Image chooser widget:
- Fixed clear button not triggering an input value change.
- Improved button reliability.
- Menus are now sorted by name in the CMS.
- CMS form: Improved reliability and visual appearance.
- Added the Twitter feed module to the home page.
- Improved page sorting algorithm.
- Pages can now be password protected.
- Pages can use a default password configured per site if desired.
- Users with CMS access can now view unpublished pages on the front end, and view password protected pages without needing the password.
- CMS form: Moved SEO fields to a different tab to lighten the interface.
- Fixed 404 errors due to front end library assets being looked at in the wrong location.